Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ann Coulter provides 'Silky Pony' John Edwards with More Campaign Fundraising Opportunities...

It seems Ann Coulter has the Breck Girl up in arms, again, so much so that he sends his wife out to try to shut Ann up. Ann was on (Liberal Country) MSNBC, and took a call from Elizabeth Edwards...about the Good Morning America show she did yesterday, hosted by Cuomo.

From Ann (via Newsbusters, on her non-Faggot remark that stirred Brecky up in March):

"No, no. There were, I was denounced all over. All over. I think the one that hurt the most was, was from I'mALittleGirlInAPinkPartyDress.com… Very upsetting…Though about the same time Bill Maher said - and by the way, I did not call John Edwards the F-word. I said I couldn't talk about him because you go into rehab for using that word.

[…]

But about the same time, you know, Bill Maher was not joking and saying he wished Dick Cheney had been killed in a terrorist attack. So I've learned my lesson. If I'm gonna say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."
So, Ann does MSNBC, and Missus Silky Pony asks for her to stop, snivel, stop, whine, stop talking about poor John, he's so easily upset! But thanks anyway for the fundraising opportunity, same time next week, Ann?

From Ace:
Honestly, none of this is meant in a particuarly nasty way. But there just are a lot of jokes -- crude ones, insulting ones, even (gasp!) insensitive ones -- that are just not really permitted anymore, unless you're a professional black comedian. So when a partisan on the other side goes into this territory himself, well, it's the perfect opportunity for some Forbidden Humor, at least in the distancing form of parody.

The trick is that you can't just come off like you're really just using this all as an excuse to say vicious things; I sorta think there has to be a smile-when-you-say that real jokiness about it. I can't read Ann Coulter's mind, but she often doesn't project that. Often she seems to flat-out mean it, and is just using the form of the joke to say something that would otherwise be deemed over-the-line.

Sometimes I just think she doesn't really evaluate how funny her more provocative "jokes" are. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, and over-the-line jokes really need to be very funny indeed to justify themselves.

That said, she wasn't making a joke here so much as she was making a straight point: People continue to chatter about her "faggot" crack and no one in the MSM has ever scolded Bill Maher for his assassination death-wish.
Death to Dick Cheney, of course. That's OK, huh, Liberals? But when Ann questions Breck Girl's sexuality, it's of course way over the line. And believe me, he's pounding the donors for Ca$h, just like he did earlier.

It's not that Conservatives are mean people, or "listen" to Ann Coulter, Kleinheider, but that Conservatives enjoy pointing out the beam in Liberal's eyes when whey go aghast over something like this, and ignore their own houses of hatred, deeming their own line-crossings as OK and ignoring the criticisms (what few actually make it to the MSM) of their soft-spoken and always-correct pundits.

But, that's the Liberals, isn't it? Make a dime off of a whine...I'll bet there will be another email in my box soon enough from the John Edwards team, wanting to cash in on this.

Ann Coulter will get my cash before a penny goes to Edwards. And I will continue to support Ann Coulter, and anyone else who confronts the Political Correctness Machine Liberals Use for Silencing Critics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Not a liar or a griefer, a spammer or a foul internet troll?

Feel free to comment, then.

Not getting published? See the "Complaints" tab. All comments to this blog are reviewed before being published, on my schedule.

And I am very busy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...